How do I sign up?
– If you want to bid on an auction object, you’ll first need an account. Just click here and fill in the form with your contact information.
– You are responsible to provide current data and contact information. A user is also obliged to keep the information updated.
– You will be automatically logged in and a password will be sent to your email address, we recommend that you change it later.
– We always treat user information carefully and do not sell it to 3rd part companies.
How bidding works.
– When you find an interesting auction object, click on it to see more information and current bid.
– If you want to place a bid, you’ll need to be logged in. Your bidding name will be anonymized so that your name or email address is not shown in cleartext.
– All auctions are running with automatic bidding.
– Automatic bidding (also known as Proxy bidding) is a function that simplifies the bidding process.
Enter the maximum amount you are willing to pay for the object in the box for automatic bids.
The auction system will then submit bids on your behalf using the next bid increment amount. Your automatic bids will never be higher than necessary for you to reach the reserve price or remain the highest bidder up to your maximum amount.
If another bidder has submitted an automatic bid that is lower than your maximum amount, the system will submit your lowest bid above this bid in accordance with the bid increment.
If another bidder has submitted a bid that is higher than your maximum amount, the system will let you know that you are outbid. The seller and other bidders will not know your maximum bid.
– All bids submitted in an auction, including bids below reserve price, are binding and cannot be withdrawn.
– The bid increment is like below if no other increment is stated in the object description.
EUR 0 – 25 000 = EUR 100
25 000 – 100 000 = EUR 200
100 000+ = EUR 500
– When it’s less than 2 minutes left on the auction every new bid will add 2 minutes to the countdown.
– On every object page you can easily see when the auction ends.
– We do not recommend last second bidding, due to computer and internet delays that can cause the bid to not register.
I have won, what’s next?
– If you are the highest bidder and the reservation price is met, you have won the auction and you will receive a confirmation email.
– A proforma will be sent to your email the next workday.
– When the payment is confirmed you are welcome to collect the object.
– If you are the highest bidder and the reservation price is not met, then SMT will contact you.