Last updated 2020-01-10
Who is the data controller?
SMT Sweden AB (556441-2392) is the data controller.
What personal data do we collect?
When you make an inquiry through our website or other advertising site, phone call, e-mail, live chat or other social media we will collect information about you. This can be personal data like name, personal code number, e-mail address, address and phone number.
While you are visiting our website we will track:
- Products that you have looked at: we use this information, for example, to show you product that you have recently looked at or related products
- Location, IP-address and type of browser: we use this information, for example, to show correct language and for statistics to improve offers
- Delivery address: we ask you to provide this information, for example, to calculate freight costs before you order and to send you the goods!
When you buy from us, we ask you to provide information about name, invoice address, delivery address, e-mail address, phone number, credit card number/payment information and in some cases user name and a password. We use this information, for example, to:
- Send information to you about your order
- Answer your questions, including returns and complaints
- Process payments and to avoid fraud
- Follow legal procedures like VAT calculation
- Improve the offers of our store
- Send marketing information to you, should you chose to accept this
In some cases your personal data has been collected from other sources based on your professional role after an evaluation that you might be interested in specific products. These sources can include purchase of data registers, searches through public available search engines and your employers’ website.
How do we process the data we collect and store?
We used the personal data we collect to:
- Send offers and information about our products.
- Send inquires if you have products for sale.
- Order products your company is supplying to us.
- We share the information with third parties that helps to manage the orders in the web shop, for example through payment solutions and freight companies.
Except in above situations we do not sell, rent, distribute or in any other way make your personal data available for third party. We can however, with your consent, share your personal data with our suppliers for example a finance company.
We accept payments through Klarna. When you make an order in the web shop and chose Klarna as the payment method the information about the order (name, price, quantity, product number) is sent to Klarna. When the purchase is done Klarna will forward the invoice- and the delivery address to SMT. This data in addition to a unique identifier for the purchase is stored as invoice and delivery data in WooCommerce.
Basis for use of your personal data
Your personal data is stored for the given reasons above as long as we, based on your professional role, evaluate that you are a potential customer or supplier to us. At any time you can chose to deregister and when you do you will be deleted from our register and our processing of your personal data will stop. Even if you ask to deregister in some cases your personal data cannot be deleted. This is in circumstances when we must save the information to follow Swedish law (for example bokföringslagen). In these cases the data is deleted when the legal responsibility ends.